Derby Moor Spencer Academy is eligible to receive £3,804.96 from this fund for small group tuition. These funds will be used to support any pupil who did not achieve a grade 5 in English, Maths or both at GCSE from summer 2020. Any student that has not gained a grade 4 in either English or Maths will be supported and prepared for a re-sit in November 2020 and the summer 2021. Additional funding for any student who did not achieve a grade 5 or above in at least one of those subjects by age 16 will be based on an individual needs assessment, the identification of an individual starting point, clear learning goals, expectations and outcomes. Existing systems will be used to track the usage of the fund and the impact it has on those students eligible.
Tuition groups will comprise of no more than five students and the sessions will be scheduled in addition to the planned programme of study hours already timetabled for the academic year 2020/21. Tuition and additional support may be delivered using a blend of online and on-site sessions.
- Maths and English GCSE exam re-sit preparation for November 2020 and summer 2021.
- Deferred / supported assessment preparation in Vocational subjects studied at Post 16
- Vocational knowledge catch-up sessions.
- Key support for identified life skill development in English or Maths
- Support in KS5 subjects that are studied dependent on need.
Further information on the 16-19 tuition fund is available here.