Derby Moor Spencer Academy has a variety of extra-curricular activities which are open to students of all ages and abilities.
A copy of our extra-curricular activities for the Autumn Term can be found on the link below:
What types of extra-curricular activities do we offer?
- Different sports clubs
- Arts clubs e.g. drama, music, dance and art
- Duke of Edinburgh Award
- Subject support sessions for students e.g. Maths Surgery
- Inter-House competitions
- Whole school productions
- Learning activities or supported homework
- Student Leadership / Volunteering
How do we ensure that the extra-curricular activities are what the students want?
- Suggestions are made through the Year and School Councils
- Arts and Sport Leaders make recommendations.
How do we publicise extra-curricular activities?
- There is information on the website.
- Information is placed on year PowerPoints to be shown at tutor time and displays within tutor rooms/ School display systems
- There are opportunities to show activities undertaken in extra –curricular activities e.g. School production
- Promotion by Staff/Tutors/Progress Leaders
How do we monitor attendance at extra-curricular activities?
- Registers are taken and stored in a central area to allow analysis.
How do we encourage/reward attendance at extra-curricular activities?
- Sports leaders and Arts Leaders are from those students who take part in extra-curricular activities.
- There are opportunities to perform
- Reward points are allocated by extracurricular organisers / teachers