Message from the Principal
Thank you for your interest in Derby Moor Spencer Academy.
We are an oversubscribed, 11 – 18, multicultural school with 1,508 on roll.
We highly value the important role that our staff, both teaching and support play in the success of our school, and offer excellent Professional Development for all our team.
We are looking for staff that are passionate about Education and improving the lives of our young people and are prepared to go that extra mile.
If you join us you will have the opportunity to develop and contribute to an ambitious school with the benefit of a brand new school building to work in.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further queries and we will do our best to provide you with the information you need. Additionally if you would like to make an informal visit to the school, please contact the HR office on 01332 772766 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be more than happy to make arrangements for you.
We look forward to receiving your completed application form.
For vacancies across the Trust, including at Derby Moor, see here.
Staff Wellbeing Offer
As a Spencer Academies Trust school, Derby Moor adopts national guidance on standards for teaching and support staff.
The Spencer Academies Trust aims to be an employer of choice within the East Midlands. We recognise that meeting our recruitment and retention targets depends on creating a leading support offer, which promotes staff wellbeing and allows colleagues to access opportunities including staff discount programmes.
The staff wellbeing package is open to all colleagues and includes:
- Sector competitive pay
- Defined benefit pensions
- Performance related pay and recognition of additional responsibilities
- Annual cost of living adjustment
- Death in service payment
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Support with parking levy and ancillary costs where appropriate
Additional benefits negotiated for staff include:
- Access to private healthcare provision, comprising discounted access to cash plan private healthcare and a 25% reduction in cost for Westfield Health
- Access to the ‘Perkbox’ employee engagement platform, offering staff discounts from hundreds of external partners, access to an Employee Assistance Programme, and 24/7 counselling and support
- Free of charge access to a Financial Advisor comprising mortgage, savings, pensions and other financial advisory services, and including out of hours access
- Technology salary sacrifice scheme, including national insurance savings to employees of up to 12%
- Car affinity scheme
- Employee car ownership scheme
- Mobile phone tariff, allowing employees to access the corporate mobile phone tariff and managed on a payroll deduction basis
- Access to flu jabs and seasonal health support
Flexible working patterns and adjustment to core working practices may be offered to eligible colleagues by agreement. For further information on the staff wellbeing and support offer, please see the staff handbook.
Together, we deliver on the Spencer Academies Trust mission: to provide an outstanding quality of education and improve the life chances of children across the East Midlands.